We Can Support you at Court Hearings

Grandparents have the right to apply to the Family Court for parenting orders. Children have the right to spend time with people significant to their care, welfare and development, such as their grandparents.

In the best interests of a child, a court considers the benefit of having a meaningful relationship with both parents and the need to protect the child from physical or psychological harm.

GFGSA may attend  family care meetings with Families SA at the Youth Court, if requested, in support of the grandparents and grandchildren.

GFGSA will attend court as a court companion.

Knowing Your Rights

Family Dispute Resolution (Mediation)

GFGSA can refer you to a Mediation Provider who will work through the Family Dispute Resolution process with you. This provides an alternate problem solving process before proceeding to the Family Court.

Family Dispute Resolution

Parenting Orders

These are made by the Family Court which specifies the people, other than the parents, who spend time and communicate with the child.

GFGSA can support you through the Family Court process and advise on costs involved and legal aid representation.

GFGSA can provide advocacy for grandparents with regards to any changes to Federal and State Laws, policies and legislation needed to assist grandparents and relatives as carers.

When it is deemed to be in the best interests of the grandchildren, GFGSA can advise how grandparents may apply to spend time with their grandchildren.

Family Law and You